Monday, October 19, 2009

Finding out the Sex, Cletus the Fetus is a ..........

We just got home a little bit ago from my doctors appointment, boy was that fun. Maybe I am a bad person but I shamelessly people watch, it's almost a sport to me. Other than the food court at a mall the OB's office is one of the best spots to people watch. Today in spite of it being like 55 degrees outside there were an unsual amount of people wearing sandals and flip flops. Sure, I know we live near the beach, the hopsital is right on the water I get that open toed shoes are normal here. However, Jeff Foxworthy's redneck fashion tips ("say No to the flip flop" LoL) kept flashing through my mind and it was a real struggle to keep it to myself. I was soooooooo worried that the gods would be offened if I dared to point out to my husband even half of what I observed. He kept looking up at me from the baby magazine he was flipping through with a look that was clearly annoyed. I would sit quietly and then be overcome with giggles as my mind worked out various observations about the people around me, then I would make a weird noise sort of like a cough/gasp/sneeze/hiccup as I tried to stop myself my laughing. Having to pee REAAAALLLLYYYY badly didn't help matters. The reason I was people watching is to keep my mind off the full bladder and off the fact that we'd be seeing Cletus soon and there was probably something wrong with him you know murphy's law and all. I just KNEW that if I pointed out the fugly yellow toenails on the young boy sitting across form me with his grilfriend wearing flip flops or the lady sitting two feet away with the larger than average crooked/and deformed big toe in desinger sandles that we were going to get onto the table for our Ultrasound and have the nurse tell us everything was fine with Cletus... well so long as we didn't count the clubbed foot, lack of both ears, six fingers on each hand, and the big honker of a nose that would be four sized bigger than normal for his entire life. I halfway expected to see the mark of the beast staring back at me as it is what with how sick the little guy has been making me and how I shamefuly laughed myself to tears at pictures my sister showed me of how ugly and mutant like her step sister's new baby is.... (and in my defense we're talking cone head, ears that stick waaayyyy out, bugged out eye all set on a tiny little body... Im sure he'll be a brad pit when he grows up but right now... ROFL)

So anyway I survived the waiting room without laughing out loud OR peeing on myself, (always a good thing), and finialy it was my turn to go have a peek at our little growing spawn..errr baby. I was really dreading the ultrasound, the last one HURT and made me throw up. Apparently though now that cletus is bigger they don't have to press so hard on my tummy(or my bladder) to see him. I am happy to announce that we found the appropriate number of fingers, toes, legs, feet, hands, and ears and the nose is a normal size. Cletus weighs a shade over a pound and is 22 weeks old. He was VERY active for our little peep show. Almost to active as it took a long time for them to get all the measurements they needed lol. I was so worried our creature would be shy and we wouldn't get to find the gender... no such worries.... must come from dad. Cletus was eager to show off that "little bit" of annatomy which brings me to the best part of all though you've probably already guessed...

Cletus the Fetus is a
BOY!!!

He is no longer Cletus the Fetus he now has a real name

Say hello to baby Nicholas Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment